October 18, 2012

Are You Pregnant?

I have a pet
Her name is Pearl
Pearl is a ...Tarantula
 
I know I'm crazy, but discussing my craziness is not the agenda so moving on....
 
 
Spiders do this really cool thing called molting.
They shed their outer skin because they are growing out of it and need new one.
When they shed this skin they are truly a different creature.
There skin is brighter and they themselves are more energetic.
 
Kind of like when we become new creatures in Christ. II Corinthians 5:17
We shed away are old skin and put on new.
And when we do, we are new people.
Filled with joy and God's light shinning in us.
 
Another reason Spiders molt is because they are pregnant.
Thus she is growing.
 
I think this is where most people in the church are or need to be.
 
We have a new coat, a new identity in Christ.
And now it's time to give birth.
 
Before the spider molts it will stop eating,
it will drink a ton more than usual
and it almost seems like they are in a bad mood.
I think it's because they get uncomfortable in the skin they are in.
 
We need to get uncomfortable in the skin we are in.
We need to be uncomfortable with being content.
Going through the motions.
We need to birth a burden.
 
We have been given a great commission...
Matthew 28:19-20
 
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME(Jesus) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
 
It's time this generation, I included, birth a burden for lost souls.
 
I recently came to a self awareness that my time here on earth is meaningless.
No, really it is ...unless I do as God commanded.
I go through life worrying about selfish things...
What am I going to wear tomorrow...
How am I going to pay for...
What am I going to do this weekend...
 
I get on my knees and pray God do this for me do that for me...
When I should be praying Kingdom prayers.
 
Lord, impregnate me with a burden for this world.
 
I don't know about you, but the though of one soul
spending eternity in Hell
sickens me.
 
 
In His Service,
Ally

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. You will give birth! Hallelujah! Through the travail and pain comes forth restoration and new life in the spirit realm! Woooooooo!

    ReplyDelete