July 11, 2020

Bloom Where Planted

When I decide to write a blog it usually is not just one thing that leads me to do so. Usually its a slew of moments, situations, epiphanies and so on that make me say "ok God I hear you". This time was no different, in fact, because I've been so busy it took multiple things to get my attention. One of those things was a simple Facebook post that caught my attention, and I shared. It talked about ministry and how ministry is every day. Its not just about preaching a sermon, or singing a song at church. It it's not partial to the pulpit. It goes beyond that. It starts with being like Jesus and loving people and sharing the gospel in the streets and in my opinion that is even more important. Another thing is just everything going on in our world today. There is so much hurt, and hate and ultimately the world doesn't need another preacher or a great choir singer, they need Christians to act like Christ and to love them and show them compassion. Anyways the third thing was this picture. 


So I found this super cute idea on Pinterest of course, as I do all my good ideas. Make a cinder block into a planter. I just want to put a disclaimer out there- I DO NOT HAVE A GREEN THUMB. So, with that being said this was bound to fail, but nevertheless it still taught me a valuable lesson. (besides I shouldn't do gardening) 
Anyways I painted this cute little saying on here before I knew the outcome of these plants. Not knowing that they would indeed not bloom where planted lol okay in all seriousness this just amazed me. How could one flower bloom and do beautifully and the other, whose dirt is the same and location is the same, literally look like it was poisoned? I'm sure there is some scientific reason, but for arguments sake I think it was a God thing. He knew I needed this message. 
BLOOM WHERE PLANTED! 

I recently was able to visit some family in Florida and here in Arkansas and go to their churches. Both of which are bigger churches with great music, great preaching, and have awesome nurseries where you can still listen to the preaching while the kids play. Disclaimer (before I carry on) : I love my church! But my flesh sometimes gets the best of me while at these big churches and I get to thinking about how nice it would be to sing with them, or how nice it would be to have such a nice facility for the kids.  I could literally never leave my church though, they are family, but it doesn't stop my mind from wondering. What if? It is so easy to be like that plant on the left, dying, bitter, and refusing to grow because the location or circumstances in life were not all you thought they should be.
I'll see memories from when I went to Urshan Bible Collage and was so hopeful of my future, and full of dreams and aspirations. I thought I'd travel the world preaching, and singing, but God had other plans. I'm always thinking, "Well I'm still young who knows what will happen".  Although I still feel like God has plans for my ministry to blossom into something different, I can also blossom where I am now. I can still do ministry without a pulpit or big church. Beyond just being used in my home church there is ministry all around me that needs to be done. Lives that need to be touched, hearts that need love and compassion, and my babies who look to me everyday for what it means to love Jesus and people. 

For years I've prayed for God to use me and to open doors and all this time he has and I've been blind to it. So my prayer now is "God open my eyes to those in need, open the doors for me to touch lives, and open my heart to you that I may grow and show the world who you are by being more like you. 
I'm ready to bloom where you planted me!"

Psalms 1:3 
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment