December 09, 2019

Not a Farmhouse

Who doesn't love Joanna Gains and Fixer Upper!? 
Her sleek, bright and farmhouse designs makes every women want to redo her entire house!
Every Women, but me...
Yeah I am not a fan!
Don't get me wrong it is beautiful and maybe one day when I am rich and have no kids I will consider the look, but for now it is unrealistic, and quite frankly stupid!

First of all... 
I have two babies. One who just turned 7 months and another who will be 2 this month, both of which are professional mess makers. There are crumbs in the couches, toys sprawled from one end of the house to the other, laundry piled to the ceiling and all breakables are far out of reach. 
Why on earth would I have a white or even a beige couch - It would be ruined in t-minus 5 minutes of being in the house? Why would I decorate with fragile, beautiful props through out when my 2 year old will throw it because he thinks it's a ball? Why, please someone tell me why I would paint my walls white just so my son can come wipe his Cheetos hands all over them causing them to now be orange? 
And do not tell me none of this has ever happened at your house- I don't need to hear about how your children are perfect and never make messes!

Secondly....
Although beautiful, in my unpopular opinion, it isn't homey. It looks like a magazine. I would always be worried about it staying looking perfect, which is impossible when you live there. You have to be able to live in your home. I used to have this friend who's mother had a "sitting room". It was off limits to us kids. She had priceless decorations, light colored furniture and rugs and it was not conducive for living in. It was merely there for looks. Why would I want my entire house to be like that? I rather have warm tones, comfy couches, and color. I hate everything being white! OMG its my biggest pet peeve. I love greens, and reds, teals, and good grief anything, but white! 

Lastly... 
It isn't budget friendly. Sure you can get deals here and there, but overall it's pricey. Especially if you are redoing your whole living space. And again in my house it wouldn't last so definitely not worth the money! 

My point to this post is if you see my house and it doesn't look all farmhouse and perfect don't judge me. I have my reasons. Thank you and God bless! 



No comments:

Post a Comment